Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

How quickly a year goes....

We are fast approaching the end of 2009, and I feel a lot of my literary plans have fallen by the wayside of late. I am still hard at the untitled novel - 23,000 words and counting! But plans to finish the first draft by Xmas seem a little unlikely now. Still, this is the furthest I've ever taken a novel, so I intend to stick with it.

On top of the novel I have my purse making enterprise to contemplate too.....I have 4 perfect to sell - but 96 to go before I can consider selling any!

I have had Fragments all ready to go for a year now; but a novella is so hard to sell, and most short story competitions ask for 2,000 or less - not 9,000..... But I honetly believe it's the best work I've ever done. It's honest and gritty, yet deals with the age old problem of relationships and fear. Fear of exploration, fear of the unknown. Anyway, I have in mind a trilogy - Northern Lights would have been ideal, but I think someone's already had that one.... I would post an extract next. If anyone's reading, let me know what you think!

No comments: