Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 101 - 108

So we are on the Central Otago rail trail...

Day 101 was cycling from Hyde to Ranfurly. Ranfurly is an interesting little town which celebrates its art deco past with a museum and buildings. It's very cute!

Day 102 was onto Oturehua - a cool little street with a great pub and cafe (Ida Valley Cafe). This was the start of splashing out after a couple of nights drinking and eating little, and we treated ourselves to a gorgeous bottle of pinot noir and some good meat - I had a fish and mussel pie, Possibly my first in fact!

Day 103 We cycled to Omakau. There were 2 very freaky tunnels to get there - my immagination coming into its own in the stiffling darkness! My learn? Take a better torch. Omakau if you're interested was neither mickling nor muckling.

Day 104 was the final leg - boo! Totally loved the rail trail and will definitely do it again, with Smith alterations! We ended up in Clyde at midday and after settling into our gorgeous hotel (Dunstan House) we explored, drank wine, ate and listened to Eva Cassidy in the library whilst reading. Bliss.

Day 105 we got dropped off in Queenstown - our first visit since moving to NZ. Shocking! So my thing was staying at the St Moritz - very swish...we had a suite -it was fricking huge, and it was paid for with our United airmiles, genuis!

Day 106, or 18th April 2011, was our 3rd anniversary. Big love.....definitely my first 3rd year anniversary!

On day 107 to combat the huge amount of pizza, beer and wine consumed over the last few days I used the Step up machine in the gym - oh wow - what a fab machine!

Day 108 is a tad dull I suppose but it was amazing at the time. I flew out of Queenstown for the first time ever and it was the most fantastic scenic view I've ever seen. Simply gorgeous.

No comments: