Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Days 17, 18 and 19

Day 17 - I watched Simon Schama - The power of Art. It was about Rembrandt. I've never watched him before, as he has quite an annoying voice and also I'm generally not a fan of art programmes. So in an attempt to educate myself I watched a full episode and actually it was fairly informative and well presented. I know this entry makes me sounds like a philistine and I'm sorry! But I don't really appreciate art, painted canvasses and watercolours - it always seems quite impenetrable as a form of entertainment. Can looking at Monet's Waterlillies make you as happy as listening to Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run"?

Day 18 - I was a mallrat! I went with my friend to Slyvia Park on the train - just for the purpose of wandering around and having a coffee, with no intent to buy things! I generally get fear in malls, they're all so samey and clustered with kids and slow walking people and no real interesting shops so I avoid them. Apparently kids do this all the time in places all over the World, just hang out in malls. Weird.

Day 19 - I made Toffee pudding cupcakes with chocolate topping - yum! Have never used this recipe before, and wanted to make something not throughly chocolatey...think I achieved this!

No comments: